Old January 17th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Contax legacy

Hello,

I would like to point to these links that I have found with Google:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...id=00EoKc&tag=
http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/best19_21.html
http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/index.html -- read everything under it
carefully!

Notice that the Olympus 4/3 models have essentially a 2x focal length
multiplier, so your 28mm Zeiss would become a 56mm lens (not too exciting,
I guess), while on cameras like the EOS 350D (with a 1.6 focal length
multiplier) this lens would become a 45mm lens or so.

If you want to re-use your Contax lenses in landscape shots, I feel that the
full 35mm frame Canon EOS 5D is your best choice at the moment, since you
keep the focal length, and this camera has a big and bright viewfinder,
which should help with focusing.

Surely missing autofocus and having to use stop-down metering is a bit of a
slow down, but if you don't shoot fast action shots you won't have any
serious problem (I *think*).
And you can always use pre-focus in action shots anyway (sometimes the
autofocus isn't suitable).

Best of luck, many of us would *love* to see Zeiss wideangle lenses in EF
format,
N.Fotis