Old May 26th 18, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Blue Angels

On 5/25/2018 8:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 25, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 25 May 2018 17:52:13 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

Wow! What flying they do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkofhwr2k4ynw1g/20180525_5692.jpg?dl=0

That's a great shot and great timing. I presume that fell out of a
burst of continuous high speed exposures.

Agreed, it is a well timed capture, and a continuous burst can help.

The image is conspicuously noisy. Is this a severe crop from a long
focal length lens?

I suspect that the noise is due to a combination of PeterN effects starting
with unnecessarily high ISO when ISO 400-800 with a reasonably fast shutter
speed, perhaps in the range of 1/500-1/2000 would have been good enough to
make the capture without noise being generated. Then there is always
Peter’s severe crop, and degrading IQ with heavy JPEG compression.

Look at the other images from the show that I posted.

BTW here is a biplane with a jet assist. The crop is far more severe.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m1xpf1qt93az3h/20180525_5608.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN