Old May 27th 05, 05:20 AM
RichA

Default IBM CEO; The future of computing is....analog!

I was thinking about this 2 years ago when someone brought up the fact
they hadn't been able to move artificial intelligence forward nearly
as much as they'd have hoped. Now it seems a shift to analog might
come to pass. It ties in with the emphasis of various corporations on
the developement of nanotechnology. Motorola's announcement of
production of billion-element displays seems to be related.
I wonder if this means they could produce something like a high
performance vidicon tube (obviously in a different format than the
old, long tubes) as a new kind of digital camera sensor, a sensor with
a smoothly linear response and a much broader dynamic range?