Old July 23rd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[BnH]

Default Software for the D200

What are you using the Photoshop for ?
Photoshop is a full featured photo (art) EDITING software whilst Nikon
already have Capture 4.4 [and NX soon] as a photo developer software.

IF you only want to snap your pictures, tweak them a bit and send it off to
a printing shop, Nikon Capture is your tool.
If you want to artistically retouch your photo , Adobe Photoshop is the way
to go.
For start, you can try the Nikon Picture Project as 70% of the time , I only
need to use the Picture Project to retouch my photos and send the retouched
photos to my designer for final artwork.

"Shmaryahu b. Chanoch " wrote in
message m...

I have a new D200 and was wondering if I should stay with the Nikon
software or
use something like Photoshop.

BTW, how is this new camera going to compare to the D200?