Old October 3rd 13, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Tech Support?

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I quite understand that. Are you saying that I can connect a card reader
and two HD's to to an iPad, and download from the card, to a hard drive,
and backup HD1 to HD 2. Then look at the images on HD1 and do a rough
edit and cull with the iPad.

I don't think you can but that's largely because of the lack of
suitable software in the iPad. I expect it could be done but Apple
haven't seen fit.

no, it's because it's not a common use case for a mobile device, so
there's no point in bothering to support it.

Has it occurred to you that it's not a 'comon use case' for the simple
reason it can't be done with the iPad as it stands?

has it occurred to you that the reason the ipad doesn't do it is
*because* it's not a common use case?

mobile devices are different than laptops. having hard drives hanging
off of a mobile device makes it non-mobile. it's a stupid idea on its
face. there's no point in implementing something that's stupid.