Old October 3rd 13, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default Tech Support?

On 10/3/2013 2:51 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

All of which proves, that the iPad port, does not function as a USB
port. Which is the function i need.

Sorry Peter, USB ports are only a connection. What the hardware does
with it is up to the software on each side.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB for more than you ever wanted to
know.

I quite understand that. Are you saying that I can connect a card reader
and two HD's to to an iPad, and download from the card, to a hard drive,
and backup HD1 to HD 2. Then look at the images on HD1 and do a rough
edit and cull with the iPad.

no.

that is *well* beyond what any tablet could do, ipad or not.

a tablet doesn't fit your needs. no big deal. buy something else that
does.

that doesn't mean an ipad is crap, it means that your particular use
case is not what it was designed to do.

Since you agree, why do you argue.

BTWn Just where have I said the iPad was crap.

it's like buying a car and wondering why you can't put a piano in the
trunk. a car was not designed to move pianos. for that you have to get
a truck (and additional people).

Depends on the size of the piano.

--
PeterN