Old April 21st 05, 04:23 PM
Ron

Greg:

Doesn't feel to me like it is the amount of ram you have, but maybe
memory management or some kind of conflict. Have you had other versions
of Elements on your computer? Adobe software you are no longer using? I
had some loading problems and cured them by going into the registry and
killing all references to Elements. I then reinstalled and all was cool.
Incidentally, my loading problem was very similar. Would work and then
die after awhile.

I would not recommend changing your registry without fully backing it up
first. What I noticed was that even though I thought I had uninstalled
Elements it remained in my registry and so I had to kill it by hand.
Also check to see what other processes are running when you run into
your problem. You just might have too much going on at the same time.

What happens if you reset your system to an earlier time when Elements
was working? Have you tried that? Looked at what processes are or are
not running.

Just thinking....hope something helps. You might also do a Google search
for 3.0 freezing.

Greg Hazen wrote:
Thanks for your help. I am using XP, have tried rebooting (doesn't help),
and have defragged disk. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, again worked
correctly for a while, then problem resurfaces. I have 512K RAM, is this
enough?
"Ron" wrote in message

Nope, but it's a power hog and I would recommend that before you use it
you reboot. Almost make sure you disc and registry are not fragmented.
Also, you are not using it with Win98????? It is designed for XP and up.

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Greg Hazen wrote:

Has anyone experienced computer freeze (Elements window only) when
you try to save or save as. The program worked fine for a short
while, now as soon as I try to save a file, modified or unmodified,
the window freezes.

Not I.