Old November 26th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
ray

Default sd memory cards

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:47:46 +0000, stillsexc44 via PhotoKB.com wrote:

David, I have a kodak Z1275 that has 12.0mp and 5x zoom it does have video on
it, and I guess that's what you were referring to about speed needs. I went
to walmart today and brought a 2gb sd card from kodak for 12.88 not bad huh.
but it's not the high speed I guess I would need the high speed if I wanted
to take video with my camera.

I'd try it first; I doubt it will make much difference.

David J Taylor wrote:
I'd like to know if there is a difference between 2gb sd memory card
and sd lightning speed memory card same gb

"It depends".

The higher speed card may read more quickly into your computer, if you
card read is fast enough.

The higher speed card may be required for using some of the video modes in
you particular camera, or for fastest burst mode.

You really need to specify what camera, and what cards you are talking
about. Even cards with the same speed rating can perform quite
differently in actual use, so it may be a question of suck it and see.

Cheers,
David