Old April 5th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Custom 8x10 (or nx10) film holder

I use a piece of clear glass on top of my 11x14 transparencies, and
under the transparency adapter, with my Epson 11x17 scanner.

Jim

2 wrote:

So far I've found no easy way to keep 8x10" film flat in the Epson scanner.

I'm struck with the idea of making a film holder that would have an
expanding dimension, for example the short dimension (8") would slide ever
so little, held in tension by a pair of mild springs in the holder. To keep
the film in place, one could punch it (film register punches are available)
so that it is held on pins built into the holder's edge.

Silly idea?