Old May 28th 12, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default My first analog photos!

On 5/28/12 12:29 PM, in article
, "Darrell Larose"
wrote:

Sandman wrote:
So I got my film developed last week and used my Epson V750 scanner to
scan them in.

Unfortunately, the lab had mistakenly developed my color Portra
160-film as black and white film, so no color photos as of yet :/

How is that even possible? C-41 films are not compatible with any B&W
chemistry. Post a scan of the negative, leave it as a negative and let
us look. As a long time (30+ years) as a lab tech something is fishy,
most labs were set-up for C-41 colour film, few had equipment for silver
based B&W. I wonder if the lab lied to you, when they realized they
messed up, the B&W images look pretty good for a screwed up wrong process.

For that reason, I would NOT listen to that lab telling ME how to expose my
images. If they couldn't tell color from B&W film, I'd find another lab.
But, I agree that the images DO look great.