Old September 1st 18, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Today's Fedex Delivery from B&H

On 9/1/2018 4:27 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/31/2018 10:29 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Aug 31, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 8/31/2018 7:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
I needed to get some assistance for my XF100-400mm, and I found this
SevenOak CF Gimbal Head Adapter. It functions in much the same way
as the Wimberly
Sidekick at about $100 less costly. It attaches to my ballhead
tripod mount,
and works perfectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqj6mqszmxy3bhn/IMG_2577e.jpg?dl=0

I find a rotating collar, works just fine for me.

I assume that you are referring to the lens collar + foot. If so that
does
allow rotation from portrait and landscape orientation, as well as
attachment
to a tripod, or monopod. However, a gimbal provides for smooth,
effortless
movement in all axes in addition to the rotation around the lens
collar. This
particular one provides all the support, and freedom of movement at a
reasonable price $130.95.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7fp7dxsj4h2pd6/IMG_2578e.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48tiieq7t9eky1t/IMG_2580e.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhz779rqm8yscc4/IMG_2583e.jpg?dl=0

This is a newer model of my pan head. it does everything I need.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1042664-REG/cullmann_cu_40966_titan_tb6_6_ball_head.html

The only con is that there are ties when i have to remember to lock the
controls.

That last should read "times I have to remember to tighten the control
knobs."

--
PeterN