Old September 30th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bogdan Karasek

Default rangefinder adjustment..."vintage question"

Hi Dave,

Somewhere in the back you'll see a little knob or screw like thing with
a slot in it. The slot is for a thin flat head screwdriver to turn the
screw and calibrate the RF. Focus on your measured distances and turn
the screw until it is in focus; try at 10 feet/3meters, 50 feet/20
meters and then infinity.

Cheers,
Bogdan

darkroommike wrote:

The graflex.org site has instructions on how to calibrate a couple of
different rangefinders that might help in a non-camera specific sort of
way as well.

Dave wrote:

I have just bought 2 external rangefinders to use with a newly
acquired (for curiosity and fun) 6x9 format Bessa 1.
One's a Voigtlander and the other a Watameter.

Anyone know how I can adjust/calibrate either of these, or point me in
the appropriate direction for information, even another newsgroup.

Thought I would try with you guys first (I will be using them on a MF
camera) as on this occasion Google hasn't been my friend.
Thanks
Dave

Bogdan Karasek
Montréal, Québec bogdan at bogdanphoto.com