Old May 27th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Help to decide a lens or two.

Hi all,
After months of reading reviews and such - I decided to buy a Canon
EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT body. As shown in dpreview, I found the
cropped-out image details in higher ISOs better compared to other
available alternatives.
Now, I do not have enough budget to buy L series lenses. I can spend
upto $400, to which I have found two options.
1. Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO -
have read lots of good review about this one.
2. Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 EF-S USM EOS + Canon 55-200/4.5-5.6 EF II USM -
default option.
Can you please suggest which one is better? Or anything else? I am an
enthusiastic beginner who likes to carry the camera and take candid
street photographs, cityscapes and landscapes.

Thanks in advance.
Steve.