Old January 3rd 05, 01:49 PM
The Wogster

Jeremy wrote:

If you require cheap prints, but want to get the most bang for the buck, try
Kodak (Qualex) processing from one of the warehouse clubs--either BJ's or
Costco, if they are in your area.

I can get 24 exposures developed and printed at 5x7 for $4.00 at BJ's (their
house-brand processing, which happens to be Kodak.). I have had POOR
results from Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, which use Fuji. I stick with Kodak,
through the BJ's Wholesale Club.

Fuji isn't the problem though, some Pro labs use Fuji equipment, so it's
not the processor, it's the operator. Often when there are problems
it's due to three problems.

1) The operator is paid $3.25/hour and doesn't give a crap.
2) Poor operator training, usually it's just Joe shows Frank how to do
it at the shift change, but they are not trained to deal with issues.
3) Stale/Exhausted chemistries usually caused by improper replenishment,
or an inadequite schedule of changes of chemistries. No matter what,
even with proper replenishment, you need to statt over sometime.

It is not the best, but there is no place that will give you better for
$4.00 a roll!

I usually tell the lab, just processing, no prints, no scans, just soup
and sleeve. I scan them at home. Often it's the printing that causes
scratched /damaged negative.