Old January 3rd 05, 03:13 AM
Jeremy

"Walt Kienzle" wrote in message
news
You are correct. It is "ABC Photo Lab", www.ABCPhotoLab.com. If anybody
has tried them out and has any comments, I would be interested in hearing
your opinion.

I tried York Labs, and it was a mistake. In fact, every time I tried to
save a buck using a cheap lab, it was a mistake.

Here is my assessment: you buy a good camera and lens, you use a lens hood
and a tripod. You use the best film. Then you go and compromise it all by
using a cheap lab, one that probably uses exhausted chemicals, and that uses
cheap enlarging lenses, and you wonder why your photos come out looking like
they were taken by a disposable camera?

If you want to use a good lab, one whose enlarging lenses cost $10,000
apiece and that maintains strict temperature control to within 1/4 of a
degree, and that video analyzes every single print, try www.dalelabs.com.
They will send you razor-sharp, bright prints, with colors that jump off the
paper at you. They are not the cheapest, but they will give you an idea of
what your camera is capable of producing. You may decide that "cheap" is no
"value" when the photos are of inferior quality.