Old October 20th 03, 12:22 AM
Michael Scarpitti

Default David Bowie by Steven Klein on Vogue

(Alexis Neel) wrote in message . com...
(Michael Scarpitti) wrote in message om...
"Martin Francis" wrote in message ...
"Alexis Neel" wrote in message
om...
It is a set. The backgroounds have been painted. Softbox and some
grids.
I'd imagine film, as a lot of magazines still prefer to have color neg
shot.

Of course, its not "Waffle Boy", but evedentilly it is/was successful
for the magazine, which is part of the reason they did it like that.

I don't see why you're all so critical of this shoot. I mean, just look at
the emotion, the dynamics, the sense of pent-up desire to sing 'til the sun
fizzles out...

It does occur to me how much David Bowie looks like Dirty Den, though.

I never thought much of Bowie, not in any of his 'periods'.

I'm sure he hasn't thought much of you, in any of your 'periods' either.

LOL!!

And I don't think much of your aesthetic judgement now or ever!