Old September 15th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Andrew MacPherson

Default S3 IS = anyone unhappy?

(David J Taylor) wrote:

it's actually 307,200 RGB pixels).

Nice pixel count. I love EVFs for their WYSIWYG performance. Plus folk
look like right Noddys stood staring at the camera's LCD. ;-)

You are fooling yourself if you think that a cropped DSLR with a kit
lens can come anything close to a ZLR with a 400mm+ lens.

I was thinking more in terms of a (real world) 200mm dSLR picture giving
something similar to 400mm ZLR when IQ was taken into consideration. I
might be being wildly optimistic. :-)

the results from my 5MP Panasonic FZ5 appear noticeably
sharper than those from a friend's 6MP Canon S3 IS

In that price range I'd prefer the movie mode & AA batteries of the S3.
Obviously that's a very personal choice though, because for me 6MP is
more than enough, and has plenty of room for sharpening & shrinking.

Andrew McP