Old June 6th 20, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
nospam

Default Nikon Photomic FTn Finder, Lightmeter

On Monday, August 31, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Drwyn wrote:
Ben,
Repairing the Nikon Ftn is not that difficult. There are two different
problems with these prism meters. One is that the ring resistor gets dirty
and
causes the needle to be irratic. The second cause is that the Cds cells
change
their resistive properties after long periods of time. I have repaired
several
Nikon Ftns by cleaning the ring resistor and replacing the Cds cells. The
meter then must be recalibrated for the new Cds cells which involves
measuring
the resistance of the Cds cells for each stop and matching this with the
ring
resistor.
The same goes with the other Nikon meter prisms including the T, Tn Ftn,
DP-1
and DP-2.

If you want your meter repaired, I would be happy to do it.

Best regards,
Robert Decker

I would be happy to send you one. Interested?

yet another ignorant google groups user.

that was posted *twenty* *two* years ago.