Old May 12th 17, 09:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Cat photo

On Fri, 12 May 2017 08:27:32 +0100, "David B."

On 2017-05-12 00:15:30 +0000, "David B."
said:

Do, please, read the WHOLE thread started by Mr Cook - called "Wanna
torrent? " - on the 'alt.computer.workshop' group.

Just *HOW* can I 'hang him out to dry'? (if you catch my drift!)

Out of interest I took a look at the alt.computer.workshop NG, and the
thread you are so concerned about.
I have a few observations:
1: This is the first, only, and last time I have gone/will go to that
NG. The overall tone of the combatants, and the lack of sane subject
matter does not pique my interest.
2: I discovered that several of those combatants, including "Diesel",
your "Mr Cook", have through their infiltration into several News Groups
I subscribe to, been filtered from my life.
3: alt.computer.workshop seems to have no value at all, and any sane
individual should abandon it ASAP, and I recommend the same for you.
4: As far as "hanging him out to dry" goes, it isn't worth the effort
and frustration. He currently sits in my filter #26 titled "Freeware
Warrior Assholes". The action for that filter is, "KILL".
5: You seem to be a nice enough guy, don't drive yourself crazy with
alt.computer.workshop, or "Diesel/Cook", just baffle all of them and
vanish from the alt.computer.workshop World.

Thank you! :-)

I shall consider all you have said.

Did you know that *I* trained as a pilot - in the Royal Navy? I flew the
Jet Provost to begin, then the Hawker Hunter, both the twin seat version
and the single seater. My downfall came when I moved on to the mighty
Buccaneer - there were no dual controls; a very brave pilot sat in the
observers seat behind me!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Buccaneer

When it was thought that I might kill someone other than the enemy
(myself and/or my passenger!) I was grounded. I did, however, stay in
the navy and retrained as an Air Traffic Control Officer.

I remeber reading somewhere or another "There are only two good places
for the Buccaneer: either at high (subsonic) Mach numbers at low
altitude or parked in the hanger".

Eric Stevens