Old February 18th 07, 05:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace
jeremy

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

"The Real Bev" wrote in message

Why would I go to CompUSA, say, just to tell the manager that I'm not
going
to buy the advertised special that brought me to the store just because it
offers a rebate which I should have known?

I've had minimal problems with rebates. I figure that the people who are
too dumb to fill in the forms properly are paying me to do it correctly --
always nice when stupidity carries its own punishment.

I would not go to a store if I knew they imposed rebates, but if I were in
one, and I declined a purchase because of a required rebate, I'd tell them
why.

Your comment about people being "too dumb" to file forms properly is
insulting and inaccurate. Many of us have experienced not getting rebates
that were properly filed.

I choose not to go through the aggravation of sending in copies of receipts
and proofs-of-purchase, just to get back money that I should not have had to
part with in the first place. Perhaps you have more time to fool with that
nonsense. Not I.