Old February 18th 07, 04:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace
The Real Bev

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

jeremy wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote:
Talker wrote:

Everywhere you shop, they offer rebates, so it's not uncommon to file
3 or 4 rebates a week, so that after three months, (the normal
waiting period to receive a rebate), you'd have 30-40 rebates that
you are waiting for. How ridiculous is that? Outlaw rebates and
bring back the good old fashioned sale. THAT'S what consumers want!

What makes you think that the government gives half a **** about what
consumers want? Remember, sales tax gets charged on the pre-rebate
price -- if rebates are outlawed, government loses money. You think
they'll let that happen? HAH!

Just avoid buying under those circumstances, whenever possible, and be
sure to TELL the merchant why they are losing the sale!

Why would I go to CompUSA, say, just to tell the manager that I'm not going
to buy the advertised special that brought me to the store just because it
offers a rebate which I should have known?

I've had minimal problems with rebates. I figure that the people who are
too dumb to fill in the forms properly are paying me to do it correctly --
always nice when stupidity carries its own punishment.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx