Old December 31st 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Bill

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

Jim McLaughlin wrote:

Zinging Fry's and its various manufacturers is lots of fun. I just
fiished, in early December, with Frys and Kingston Memoy on a thumb
drive, which Kingston laimed lacked a dated sales receipt. They get so
twidgy when served with a request for production requiring them to
produce the original of the entirety of the rebate package sent in to
the. Apparently whatever the service company at the post office box
address in El Paso which so many manufacturers use (the work is actually
done in Juarez across the river) keep no iinal records at all. Judges
get so ticked when a defendant's lawyers say its company polivy to
thow orginal records away g.

Kingston rebates don't go to El Paso, they go to White Bear
Lake, MN (I just got finished mailing some out). I trust that
the rest of your rather amusing story was more accurate?

Bill