Old October 30th 05, 09:25 PM
MarkČ

Default No need for a tilt shift lens.

223rem wrote:
Scott W wrote:
I have read from a number of people the LF cameras have a large
advantage over other cameras because they can shift the lens and
thereby avoid perspective distortion that a camera with a fix lens
would suffer.

But with today's panoramic tools this seems like much less of an
issue.
This is what a very wide angle photos looks like without shifting the
lens in software.
http://www.pbase.com/camping05/image/51504534/large
Note how everything seems to be pointing in as you good up in the
photos.

This is the same panoramic but with shifting the center of view
http://www.pbase.com/camping05/image/51504652/large

To see a higher resolution view of either of these two photos click
on original.

Now this photos does not have the resolution of a LF camera, but then
this was made from just four photos stitched together. There is
little limit to the resolution, just add more photos. This is what
16 photos stitched together look like.

BTW I am using PTGui to stitch the photos.

Scott

Nice, but that fat assed lady completely ruined it

Better to have an ass than to BE an ass, such as yourself.
Think.