Old October 30th 05, 09:09 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

Default No need for a tilt shift lens.

"Scott W" writes:

I have read from a number of people the LF cameras have a large
advantage over other cameras because they can shift the lens and
thereby avoid perspective distortion that a camera with a fix lens
would suffer.

But with today's panoramic tools this seems like much less of an
issue.

Yep. Of course, you are stretching out (i.e. reducing) the resolution
in parts of the photo when you make the perspective adjustment.

Also, it *only* helps on perspective rendering; it doesn't do anything
for depth of field control (which is where tilting comes in).

I find myself doing perspective corrections in snapshots now -- if the
rendering bothers me at a quick glance, I fix it.