Old October 30th 05, 07:11 PM
Scott W

Default No need for a tilt shift lens.

John A. Stovall wrote:
On 30 Oct 2005 10:18:53 -0800, "Scott W" wrote:

Why do you assume only LF cameras use a tilt shift lens?

They are very common among FF Digital shooters who do architecture and
product photos. Canon make three different models.

Yes I know of these lenses but I was under the impression that they
were more limited then on a LF camera.

Nor can your little trick produce the increased DOF one get with a
true tilt and shift lens.

This is true but then tilting a lens to extend the field of view it
fairly limited as well, the scene has to go from close to far fairly
smoothly as you go up the photo, if there is say a large bolder or tree
in the foreground then tilting is of limited use.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...categoryid=156

There is always a need for a tilt and shift lens when quality is what
one strives for.

There will be cases where a tilt shift lens is needed, but in many
cases it is not if one is using a good stitching tool.

Scott