Old April 4th 05, 11:40 PM
Douglas

"Mr.Bolshoy Huy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am thinking my next P&S(or even SLR) will be digital.
Can someone give me a reason(s) to stay with film?

I have never, ever seen a 100% totally manual Digital camera. When my dSLRs
let me down, I can rely on an old Mamiya 645 to always work - in any
temperature I've experienced and the good part is I can generally dismantle
it and fix any problems like sand in the workings and still have it function
when I put it back together.

Somehow we have managed to turn the art of Photography into a geeks
paradise. One where we must have a computer and a few grand's worth of
software before our pictures start to look like photographs. Oh well... I'll
have to close now, the horse needs new shoes!

Douglas