Old October 18th 04, 01:13 PM
clive

Default ARSAT 2.8/35 tilt and shift lens

Will be getting a Canon 20D and will need a shifting and sometimes
tilting lens. The Canon 24 and 45mm are a bit too expensive for my
occassional use and was looking into the Arsat 35mm.

Have not been able to find any reviews on the Arsat but assume the
quality, stopped down is OK - I would be using it on a tripod so do
not need to shoot wide open.

Will it work OK with the 20D - I assume that I will have to manually
focus.

Will the 20D exposure meter work, again I assume in stop down mode, or
does it require a Canon lens to interact with the body's electronics.

If it will not work can I take a test shot and determine from the
histogram the correct exposure? or will I need to get a hand held
meter.

Would there be any other issues I should know before I get one and are
there any alternatives?

Thanks

Clive