Old October 13th 04, 08:01 PM
Jeremy

"MATT WILLIAMS" wrote in message
news:cxebd.44$vJ.21@trnddc05...

The main point of the post is how long will 120 film be made ?

120 film must THE longest-lasting size around by now.

When digital imaging approaches the theoretical quality level of 35mm, there
might even be a revival of MF, as serious photographers jump from the
digital/35mm bandwagon to a "better" image of MF. Who knows?

If there is not to be much more development of film emulsions, the logical
progression would be for serious photographers to move up to 120, if they
want to see improvements over 35mm. And, let's be honest, even with all the
improvements in 35mm film over the past 3 decades, one can get much better
quality images by going up to MF--even my old Yashica Model A (TLR) can blow
anything in 35mm away, if stopped down to f/8 and used on a tripod.

I don't think film will die--it just will be manufactured in China. :-)