Old April 13th 11, 03:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ralph D.

Default Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens

I do not shoot Canon but my kid has a Canon 10D. He is taking a photography
course in high school and could use a 50mm.

I have heard that the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens would make a fair
student budget lens but am not sure if it is fully compatible with the 10D.
I am also wondering, if he stays with photography, would this be compatible
with the newer Canons? He's been shooting point and shoots and the 10D in
auto modes for a good while so I think he might really go for it now that
he's getting some training... but he's a teenager so who knows.

Is the EF 50mm f/1.8 II good to go with the 10D and forward?