Old December 2nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
Mr. Strat

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

In article , Wilba
wrote:

OK. You said "looked at" rather than something like used, studied, worked
with, or employed, which suggest to me that you haven't understood what they
can do for you.

Let's nitpick words now.

The main one being that a sensor responds very differently to highlights. I
can't trust my judgement to get that right like I could with reversal or
slide film. Goodonya if you can, but I remain sceptical. :-)

It's been my experience that amateurs can rarely grasp the depth of
understanding that professionals do.