Old May 11th 17, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

On 2017-05-11 13:19:43 +0000, "David B."

On 2017-05-11 07:31:32 +0000, Bill W said:

He's probably smart...

He is an old P-47 & P-38 fighter pilot who survived two tours in
WWII. So he is pretty smart.

He's certainly is most fortunate to still be here!

Are you aware of THIS place?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambri...y_and_Memorial

I wasn't until now. Thanks for that bit of information.

You are welcome. Following all the trauma of organizing my son's
funeral, we had a 'spare' day. My wife and I went to visit Cambridge for
the very first time in our lives - and took a ride on an open-top tour
bus. After reviewing the various universities, the bus left the city and
eventually stopped outside the American Cemetery. We were invited to
leave the bus and go and explore - but we simply could not, knowing so
poignantly how much sadness the parents of those young men must have felt.

My father flew his war in the SW Pacific, New Guinea, Bismark
Archipelago, Borneo, Philipinnes, Okinawa, and finally Japan.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngx2hzfiveuw00b/HRO-NG44P38.jpg

Great pic!

...and his current status:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/185dtm3e9ukpurn/IMG_0068w.jpg

I'd so love to be able to still drink a beer with *MY* dad!

I left a message on Dropbox!

--
David B.