Old October 23rd 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

Default Best software for increasing resolution?

On Oct 22, 6:49 pm, "SS" wrote:
I have seen that Genuine Fractals and Photozoom seem to be 'intelligent'
software but have also seen a review that puts the fred Miranda 'stair
interpolation' Photoshop action better than these. I wonder what
experiences/advice the subscribers to this newsgroup can give. Is there
anything even better on the market now.

Thanks

The best that any of these can do is a kind of "fake" resolution that
really shows no more true detail than your original shot. What you
hope for is that you don't lose any and that the final enlargement
doesn't look like crap.
There is NO way to increase resolution beyond what the original file
had.