Old December 29th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
[email protected]

Default Competitive European (German) digital cameras

My first SLR camera was an East German Praktica. I noticed that they
are still producing cameras, and has digital SLR products in the
market. My question is why the German cameras do not compete in the
camera market in North America? Are they just simply too expensive,
inferior technology, poor promotion, or they are just giving up in
competition with the Japanese in North America? For the European
market, are there more choices of German cameras there? I am sure that
they can make cheaper cameras by building the factory in China, etc.
Why don't they come into the North American market?