Old February 6th 05, 01:02 AM
rafe bustin

Default Apple Cinema or Sony Artisan ICM Profiles...

If any of you are using one of these monitors
(Apple Cinema or Sony Artisan) and have them
properly profiled -- any chance you could email
me the ICC/ICM profile? Or any high end CRT
or LCD monitor, for that matter (Eizo, LaCie,
whatever...)

Why? Mostly just to see how they compare
against one another from the profile gamut
maps. Intellectual curiosty.

I've compared a "pro" model Viewsonic aperture
grille CRT to my Samsung LCD and the results
are interesting. The LCD is wider in some regions,
and the CRT is wider in others. Both gamuts are
considerably smaller than AdobeRGB, and
from that perspective, the difference in gamut
between the two monitors is pretty slim. Both
were profiled with a Gretag Eye-One.

I'll post the results when I'm done. TIA...

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com