Old December 14th 04, 04:00 AM
Sadie Jenson via PhotoKB.com

Default Kodak EasyShare 4.0.2 vs. 3.2 Software - Feedback Wanted - DX 6490 Digital Cam

Need Advice

Traveling to Chicago this weekend (for four days) to visit my daughter. Taking Kodak DX6490. I had an extremely bad experience with version 3.2 ES. It took over my Internet connection, my ownership of my photos, and my CD Burner. I finally resolved all of those issues (phew ! '*_*') and despise feeling paranoid / limited over the amount of photos I take over my four-day visit. I could bring the 4.0.2 software along and load just the drivers and save to daughter's computer (but ... it is really her roomate's computer and I don't want to cause said roomate any iota of the pain I have experienced).

Suggestions, Please ... Trust the 4.0.2 version and download it? My gut feeling is that I should purchase some extra memory cards. Any and all advise appreciated, photog gurus.

Hopefully in the near future I will be asking REAL photography questions. I bought my camera on e-Bay and it is my FIRST camera with a serious zoom. I realize that the DX 6490 has it's (artistic?) limitaitons, but I am very pleased so far with the photos I have taken and am looking forward to experimenting further. The camera came with macro lenses and lens attachment thingy. ANYWAY ... back to the subject matter ... HELP with what to do to take max # of photos (I come up with endless ideas and don't want to miss opportunities). On 'good' picture quality I am able to take 40 pics! So, for now I stick with that for quantity ... quality will come later.

Is that a good tactic to take? Thank you all for your wonderful assistance and friendly advice.

Sadie