Old September 16th 04, 02:23 PM
Stephen H. Westin

Brian C. Baird writes:

Since you're all asleep, I figure I'll do the generous thing:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091605nikond2x.asp

1.5x crop - whatever, follows what Nikon said they would do.
Interesting to see if they keep the noise down and what the Canon
response will be.

It's interesting to think about how this pushes lens development in a
different direction. The 5.5 um sensel spacing will challenge many
existing lenses, but the smaller sensor reduces angle-of-incidence
problems and reduces the image circle demanded.

--
-Stephen H. Westin