Old December 4th 20, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_8_]

Default December 1 on the California Central Coast

On Dec 4, 2020 at 5:50:49 AM PST, "Whisky-dave"
wrote:

On Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 14:16:35 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):
On Wednesday, 2 December 2020 at 04:40:54 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
It was a beautiful, cloudless, and Sunny day today, and a balmy 72ºF
(22.2ºC). So it was perfect for a drone flight with the Mavic Air 2. This
is Morro Bay, California, flying from Tidelands Park.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-HKqNQ35/0/9f478b3f/1920/DJI_0124_MP4-1920.mp4

Savageduck

Nice.

FYI and anyone else when I download it as a MPEG-4 it is still 640X360
Elemental H264 , 30 FPS , 26.9MB 1.40 Mbits/s
With firefox and same with safari .

Still impressive though. Now wondering about sound there was none . Was
that an editing or filming choice as I wonder if the niose cancelling was
excellent or you chose not to have sound.

It was simpler to post without sound, and being primarily a stills
photographer, I have yet to expand my video editing, and production skills
to even bother with audio, even though I am aware that the addition of audio
would enhance the viewer’s experience.

Simplier in what way, but I;d be curious to know what the sound quality is
like I know drones are pretty noisey and wondered if yuo could pick up any
ambient sounds.

To start with there is no audio pickup/mike in this drone camera. However, I
can record audio from the controller so any ambient sounds/noise would be from
that position. What I can do is record a takeoff and landing with my GoPro to
give you some idea of the actual noise level. Personally I find the
noise/rotor sound audible up to 30-40 ft overhead, to difficult to detect once
the drone is 100-200 ft away from the takeoff point.

....but then my almost 72 year old ears might be failing me even though I don't
quite believe that.

I know most drone footage when shot for TV usually has a soundtrack over it,
I know that might be hassle to do but wondered what the sound quality of an
unedit clip would be.
As in what does the drone noise sound like, could I hear car engines or
boats.

As to the size, all I can say is I am sharing a full resolution link to a
3840x2160, 60 fps, 3.76 GB MP4, SmugMug file, intended for simple viewing in
a browser, rather than a download.

well it opens up in firefox as a 640X360 image in a full broweser window, but
chrome opens it us to full broswer window with reduced quality.
You may well be posting it at full quality but maybe viewers aren;t seeing
it in it's full uncompressed glory.

Then that is an issue local to the viewer which I am not experiencing, and
which I have no control over.

Savageduck

Savageduck