Old August 9th 04, 01:35 PM
jjs

Default Scanning Times

"Gregory Blank" wrote in message
I have a MF 6x6 transparency I need to generate a rather
large 40x40 foot scan at 72 dpi around 2.5 gb from. I am curious if
anyone has attempted and successfully made a scan that large with the
2450 scanner or other. I started out doing it last night and after an
hour of what appeared to be little or no progress I hung it up.

I've made such large images (bitwise) using the Epson 3200 and a laptop G4
and laptop Windoze under XP, each with 1GB of RAM. I think the time was
about 40 minutes. Given that RAM is so cheap, bump it up and see if it
helps. Done a defrag lately? (Under WindoZe, use the command line version of
degrag - it is faster - syntax is "defrag device" (where device is C,D,
whatever).) Use "defrag device: -a" to analyze quickly without defraging
if you only want to look.