Old December 12th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Draco

Default BEAMING ABOUT THE 40D!

On Dec 12, 5:18 am, Noons wrote:
On Dec 12, 12:14 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

absolutely. Just getting Sacred Kingfishers to stay
put with their heads is pot luck:http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...n/_DSC0263.JPG

unsharpened, uncropped. I might do something with these,
when I get some free time. AF70-210/4.5-5.6, handheld.

but my target is the azure kingfisher: only seen one and
it didn't even give me time to blink, let alone have a shot...

Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
right time is a must to
get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.

Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

Draco