Old October 21st 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

"murrayatuptowngallery"
wrote in message
ups.com...
I couldn't tell from the photo what the scales say, so when
I get it
I'll learn more. It has one scale that looked like shutter
speeds, one
that looked like maybe US stops and a third that said W.A.

As far as being a dog, it's a rescue on at that...shutter
is boogered
up, iris missing or not working (wide open).

It's an opportunity, not a problem. I get to actually make
Waterhouse
stops instead of just recommending them to others!

Hopefully it has some interesting quality, and is really
as wide as
predicted. All my other RR's are Kodak 3A type, not fast,
not wide.

I'll let you know, Richard.

Thanks, both.

Let me know what kind of shutter its in if you can tell.
That will also give a clue as to the age of the lens.
For some reason both Bausch & Lomb and Kodak continued
to mark Rapid Rectilinear lenses with US stops long after
the system went out of use. B&L built most of the Kodak R-R
lenses up to the early 1930's.

--
---
Richard Knoppow