Old July 22nd 04, 10:03 PM
Sabineellen

Default Digital quality (vs 35mm): Any real answers?

Hi. While i may not have specific answers to your question, I just want to say
that I don't really think the numbers matter much in practical use. If it looks
good enough then it's good enough.

For many applications, digital is more than adequate. The speed and
convenience, and the sheer quantity of images you can shoot with a digital
camera overcomes many of the quality issues some may have with it.

Here's a recent thread with links to an example where even a 5mp digital was
adequate enough for publication and winning photojournalism awards.

http://tinyurl.com/4jvdt

Film has its advantages too. It seems though there there is a consensus that
the 11mp Canon 1Ds is better than 35mm drum-scanned film, which is in turn
better than 6mp SLR, so 35mm film is somewhere in that range.