Old November 3rd 05, 06:14 PM

Default auto focus in digital cameras any different that auto focus in film cameras?

Is there any basic difference in the autofocussing technology in
digital cameras vs film cameras? I have an Olympus 750 and it seems
like it takes longer to achieve autofocus than its cheaper brother a
stylus point and zoom shoot film camera.. Is the digital camera just
trying to do a better job, does the autofocus have to work harder in a
digital camera or is the difference that I perceive not really there?

Especially in low light this problem is aggravating and its not helped
by the fact that the manual focus mode is not very easy to use. Boy
I'd love to be able to grab a ring and turn it to get focus. As it is
its a lot of button and menu button selection. I guess that's the
price you pay for a low end digital camera.

tks
Don