Old July 24th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_15_]

Default [test] extension tubes on magnification of macro lenses

* Blinky the Shark wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote:
* jimkramer wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote :
[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 41 lines snipped |=---]

But testing the 100mm with tubes is sooooo much fun!!!
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/100mm/100mmTest.htm

Good tests. Wish I'd seen them earlier, but I still would
have done my own. I don't understand inches, I'm all metric
baby! I also wanted to understand it all in terms of
magnification. Perhaps you could add that sort of info to your
page.

I have no series (and certainly no art g) to contribute but a few weeks
ago I just had to see what this setup would do[1]: D60, 18-55mm (at 18mm)
reverse-mounted on the front of 55-200mm (zoomed in until the image was no
longer inside a black circle g). These are mm marks on a wooden ruler;
the image is not cropped.

http://blinkynet.net/stuff/mm_marks.jpg

Thank God for the new rails.

[1] There was probably math to do this, but, you know...

That's pretty big magnification! Impressive. Understand now how
hard it must've been to control.

--
Troy Piggins
I always appreciate critique.