Old December 31st 04, 10:03 AM
Wolfgang Exler

I'm new to SLR cameras and photography but would like to get involved and
soon develop my own pictures and so fourth later on. I am also going to be
taking a class soon as well to help but right now I need some help picking
out the right SLR camera to buy.

I recommend to firt finish your class and afterwards think about the correct
camera to buy.

I don't want to buy bottom of the line camera but also don't want to buy the
top of the line since they can be expensive. I'm looking at spending no more
than 500.00 on the body.

You'll find several good SLR cameras within that range

What I want to be able to do is take pictures at baseball games where I'll
need to be able to take multiple pictures quickly to get the right shot of a
ball being hit off a bat or in mid air being released from a pitcher. I will
also be taking everyday pictures of outdoors wildlife and indoor pics of
people.

This sound like having a fast camera allowing fast shootings. So you need a
speedy model together with a lens usable for fast speeds.

Your help and recommendations are extremely appreciated.

To keep some "compaibility" for the digital future, as long as this future
can be proposed now, I remomend a Nikon or Canon model. Both offer a wide
range of models and also are prepared for the future with their lens mounts.
You should thing about good lens to keep fast shutter times in all light
situations (this will be the more expensive part of your shopping)

Wolfgang