Old August 17th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
m II

Default [OT] UIP and filters (Was: FUNNY PICS LOVE THE 40D!)

Troy Piggins wrote:

I think you have misunderstood http://improve-usenet.org then.
The idea is to filter based on the posting agent, GG, not
people's email addresses.

No misunderstanding. Thunderbird won't filter on more than a few
headers. I'm limited to Subject, From or Date. Out of those three,
'From' is the only viable option.

There are ways around the problem, but I've had enough success with
'From' that I won't be needing any extra programs. The '.cn' in the
address filtering alone gets rid of over half my junk mail.

mike

--

Densa International©
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

http://improve-usenet.org/