Old May 26th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Baseball shots tips

In article ,
"Bigguy" wrote:

Do take a monopod if you can... f6.3 is a bit slow if light is poor.
Pump up the ISO to 400 or even 800.
Use manual exposure - meter off something in scene like grass, flesh or
other mid tones... this will stop player's white outfits from over-exposing.
Check histogram...
(Shoot RAW if you use this workflow).
Look for 'peak of action' - a sports trigger finger needs practice ( the
difference between a killer shot and an 'almost spot on' is timing).
Shade light is much nicer than direct sunlight...
Get close to the action - even a 300mm needs some help.
Enjoy... :-)

Oh, I'll be enjoying, even if my camerawork isn't up to scratch!

Thanks for the tips. It gets dark here about 8.30pm these days, right in
the middle of the game, so I'll have to keep an eye on the meter for the
changing light conditions. Of course the stadium lights will be on for
most of the time, but I'm also going to get there way early to catch
some of BP and so on.
--
-Take out Ron to reply-
My games blog: http://bloggisgames.blogspot.com