Old March 26th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Warm tone papers and developers

Lew wrote:
Richard:
Your PLI formula for Agfa 120 is _very_ different from the one in
Anchell's Darkroom Cookbook (p.195) where it's tagged "Brown Tone Paper
Developer." I don't need to soften contrast since I use a diffuser head to
begin with, but I do want to experiment with warm tones.

Anchell's Agfa 120
Water 750gms
Sodium Sulfite 60gms
Hydroquinone 24gms
Potassium carbonate 80gms
Water to 1l

Recommended dilutions are 1:5 and 1:4
-Lew

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
link.net...
Agfa 120 Soft Working Paper Developer
Water (at 125F or 52C) 750.0 ml
Metol 12.5 grams
Sodium Sulfite, dessicated 36.0 grams
Sodium Carbonate, monohydrated 36.0 grams
Potassium Bromide 1.8 grams
Water to make 1.0 liter

For use dilute 1 part stock with 2 parts water.

See my other post in this thread.
Agfa evidently used the same numbers for quite different formulas.
No.120 as given by Anchell is from booklet published in Berlin and
apparently aimed at the
British market. The other 120 formula is from American formula books.
There are a couple of other duplicated formula numbers.

--
Richard Knoppow