Old January 21st 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Sony to take over from Minolta?

etosha wrote:

Okay, I read some of the older posts, and this is what I posted to one
of them:

Well, what do you know?! This summer I am going to Gabon to shoot the
local wildlife and of course I will need good photographic gear there.
So two days ago I received a second-hand Dynax 9 for which I had bought
three Sigma lenses a week earlier, and on hearing the news about K-M
dropping out of the camera biz, I was appalled, to say the least.

Now, after reading the comments above, I rest assured: maybe sticking
to 35 mm (and that excellent workhorse) wasn't such a bad idea after
all: if Sony will continue with maintenance and develop top-notch

Sony will make Maxxum/Dynax compatible bodies. This does not mean (at
least it is not stated) that:

.. they will provide maintenance for Minolta camera
.. they will make more Maxxum/Dynax lenses or flashes
.. they will support/make Minolta scanners (much less critical)

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.