Old January 20th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Sony to take over from Minolta?

Okay, I read some of the older posts, and this is what I posted to one
of them:

Well, what do you know?! This summer I am going to Gabon to shoot the
local wildlife and of course I will need good photographic gear there.
So two days ago I received a second-hand Dynax 9 for which I had bought
three Sigma lenses a week earlier, and on hearing the news about K-M
dropping out of the camera biz, I was appalled, to say the least.

Now, after reading the comments above, I rest assured: maybe sticking
to 35 mm (and that excellent workhorse) wasn't such a bad idea after
all: if Sony will continue with maintenance and develop top-notch
Minolta-compatible bodies in the future, I might as well stick with
slide (thank you Fuji!) and my film scanner and wait for the big
players to buy each other out. Eventually I think Sony will remain in
the business, which is good news for Minoltians, and perhaps for
compatibility at large as well.

So hold your heads up high, Minoltians!

cheers, Marko