Old September 29th 03, 05:54 PM
Matt Bruehl

Default Fall colors update -- Northern Colorado

I spent Saturday in RMNP. Here's my take:

Endovalley - most aspen stands were at peak yellow. A few green stands still
stood, but 80% of the aspen were at their peak.

Hidden Valley - All aspen stands were yellow. Some had already dropped their
leaves. These were nearing the end of their peak.

Moraine Park - The large, dense stand across the street from the Moraine Park
Museum was still green. Other stands in Moraine Park were nearing peak yellow.

Sprague Lake - Most stands were at or near peak yellow.

I didn't get to Bear Lake, but overall throughout the park, most aspens were at
peak yellow. There maybe a few stands that peak next weekend, but if you
haven't been there yet, you're running out of time.

Also, the Poudre canyon was nearing peak. About 60% of aspens were peaking, and
the rest were still pretty green.

The lower elevations were pretty green throughout the northern Colorado
foothills, with only about 40% at peak yellow.

- Matt